All SDD activities are guided by the regional Ten Year Pacific Statistics Strategy 2011–2020, which outlines the timing of priority activities and achievement of specific strategic outcomes during three distinct phases.
The Strategic Plan contains 5 core objectives, which mirror those outlined in the Independent Design Team’s recommendation for Phase-2 of the Ten-Year Pacific Statistics Strategy.
These objective stipulate that all Pacific island countries and territories:
- Have the technical capacity to manage and implement all core statistical collections, including the use of key administrative databases
- Produce the agreed core set of statistics across key sectors
- Have in place some form of a national statistics strategy or plan in place that is in line with their national development strategies
- Are advised regularly about emerging statistical tools and systems
- Contribute to effective and efficient national and regional statistics governance
- SDD Strategic Plan, 2015 – 20171.04 MB
- SDD 2015-2017 Strategic Plan -ANNEX-3_Objectives-Outputs-Purpose-Partnerships_update_04/12/2015.pdf638.71 KB
- SDD 2015-2017 Strategic Plan -ANNEX-4_Activities_and_Budget_update_25/03/15.pdf171 KB
- SDD 2015-2017 Strategic Plan -ANNEX-5_Results_Framework_update_14/12/15.pdf397.65 KB
- SDD 2015-2017 Strategic Plan -ANNEX-6_Monitoring_Framework_update_7/12/15.pdf648.77 KB