Civil Registration and Vital Statistics (CRVS) systems register all births and deaths, issue birth and death certificates, and compiles and disseminates vital statistics, including cause of death information. It may also record marriages and divorces.
SPC Statistics for Development Division is a member of the Brisbane Accord Group (BAG) which was established in 2010 to coordinate, facilitate and support investments in the region through collaborative activities.
The Pacific Vital Statistics Action Plan (PVSAP) 2011–2014 was developed by BAG partners to improve vital statistics in the Pacific region, and improve coordination between development partners.
The plan has been endorsed by the Heads of Planning and Statistics and the Pacific Ministers of Health, and sits under the Ten Year Pacific Statistics Strategy, 2011–2020, to ensure CRVS is fully incorporated into regional statistical priorities.
Members of BAG currently include:
- Secretariat of the Pacific Community (SPC)
- World Health Organisation (WHO)
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS)
- Pacific Health Information network (PHIN)
- University of Queensland (UQ)
- Queensland University of Technology (QUT)
- University of New South Wales (UNSW)
- Fiji National University (FNU).
- Pacific Civil Registrars Network (PCRN)
Visit the Pacific CRVS website