SDD is involved in supporting PICTs with their data collections all the way from planning through to analysis and dissemination. The analysis work undertaken and technical support provided is wide ranging.
Analytical work includes:
- Spatial analysis of coastal populations, spatial estimates of effected populations after natural disasters
- Socio-economic analysis of data from a range of sources such as Population and Housing Censuses and Household Income and Expenditure Surveys; including the estimation of a selection of SDG and other development indicators in collaboration with NSOs.
- Food and nutrition analysis in support of food security, health and food deprivation policies.
- Population projections and demographic trends.
- Civil registration and vital statistics.
- Others as requested by member governments or observed as emerging regional policy issues.
SDD runs a variety of workshops, with many of these taking place to discuss and interpret the results of a Population and Housing Census, Household Income and Expenditure Survey or Demographic and Health Survey. An example of one of these workshops was the Populating labour Market Indicators and Standardising Microdata Workshop. One of the objectives of the workshop was “focusing on strengthening capacity in data processing, classification and analysis of labour market data”.
If you would like any more information about this work please contact us via the LiveChat on the bottom-right of this screen.