Ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all : Water and sanitation coverage in the Pacific is low, and accessibility varies widely across, and between, Pacific countries and territories. The combined coverage levels of basic water and basic sanitation are lower than in any other region in the world, and nearly one-third of Pacific people still rely on surface water sources for drinking (largely due to the high reliance of surface water in rural PNG); Children and their families are most vulnerable to the WASH-related impacts of climate change.
- 6.1.1 Population using safely managed drinking water services
- 6.1.1 Population using an improved drinking water source
- 6.2.1 Population practicing open defecation
- 6.2.1 Population with basic handwashing facilities on premises
- 6.2.1 Population using safely managed sanitation services
- 6.2.1 Population using improved sanitation services
- 6.3.1 Proportion of wastewater safely treated