This page will have an event added every time there is a natural disaster or other external shock resulting in significant social, economic or infrastructural disruption etc. Each of these event pages will then contain a list of resources to assist in planning, response and relief efforts related to the event. This will include things such as population projections, vulnerable populations, impact maps etc. You will be able to provide comments in each event page, so please don’t hesitate to do so. You can also contact our Information Officer via LiveChat on this website should you have additional questions.
- Read our Pre-COVID-19 country Baseline metrics.
- New publications on the impact of the COVID-19 on Visitor arrival and on the Economy in the region have been released.
- A blog has just been released in regards of the Impact of COVID-19 on International Merchandise Trade (IMTS) in the Pacific.
- A Pacific Statistical / Economic Briefing of COVID-19 Economic Impacts has just been uploaded along with associated data.
Measuring and monitoring the socio-economic impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic on the economies of the regionSee here a recommended list of administrative data to be used as leading indicators of macroeconomic impacts
- Read about High-frequency Phone Monitoring Surveys (HFPM) of Households to Monitor the Impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic on the Socioeconomic Situation, Coping Strategies and the Effectiveness of Response Measures in Pacific Island Countries and Territories.