Fiji (Republic of)
Capital: Suva Land area: 18,333 km² Region: Melanesia
Fiji comprises more than 330 islands and is surrounded by Vanuatu to the west, Tuvalu to the north, Wallis and Futuna to the Northeast, Tonga to the southeast and New Zealand to the south.
News & Publications
- .statAbout PICTsThis table provides a series of non-statistical information about Pacific Islands Countries and Territories (PICTs).
- .statOverseas visitor arrivalsOverseas visitors include sea and air arrivals. It includes excursionists/same-day-visitors i.e. visitors from the cruise ship as well. [...]
- .statBalance of paymentsBalance of payments data from IMF’s Balance of Payment analytical presentation per country for Pacific Island Countries and Territories.
- .statCOVID-19 cases in Pacific Island Countries and TerritoriesStatistics from SPC's Public Health Division (PHD) on the number of cases of COVID-19 and the number of deaths attributed to COVID-19 in Pacific Island [...]
- .statCoastal population (1, 5 and 10km from coast)Proportion of population living in 1, 5 and 10km buffer zones for Pacific Island Countries and Territories [...]
Country Key Reports
pdf2017 Population and Housing Census: release 1 Age, Sex, Geography and Economic Activity
PDF | 558.51 KB
pdfFiji 2017 Census: release 2 - Infographics
PDF | 2.91 MB
pdfFiji 2007 Census - Release2 Labour force
PDF | 536.18 KB
Household Income and Expenditure Surveys
pdfGuidelines for the harmonisation of census and survey microdata
PDF | 6.43 MB
pdfFiji: household income and expenditure survey (HIES), Draft Poverty 2008-2009
PDF | 599.97 KB
pdfFiji: household income and expenditure survey (HIES), report 2008-2009
PDF | 1.58 MB
Civil Registration and Vital Statistics
pdfThe health sector in civil registration: options and methods to increase registration of live births, stillbirths and deaths: an addendum to the WHO/ UNICEF guidance health sector contributions towards improving the civil registration of births and deaths in low-income countries
PDF | 1 MB | Anon.
pdfFact sheet - Fiji Multiple Indicator Cluster Survey (MICS) 2021: (preliminary results)
PDF | 451.78 KB
pdfCurriculum for coding of causes of death: for Pacific Island Countries and Territories
PDF | 4.07 MB
General listing of Fiji, datasets and publications.
Latest statistics and releases from the Statistics Department, including CPI releases, downloads Yearbooks, and more.
The Pacific Environment Portal provides an easy way to find, access and reuse regional and national data.
Documented Censuses and Surveys related to Fiji.
Requests for download of microdata for selected datasets is possible.
The Social Protection Indicator for the Pacific: Assessing Progress.
LinkStatistics Act 1961
Statistics Act available via Pacific Islands Legal Information Institute.