Update from Friday, May 15, 2020
QGIS for Census and Survey Mapping consists of the following key chapters:
- First steps in QGIS;
- Point layers:
- Household locations (basic vector analysis);
- Polygon layers: Enumeration areas (basic vector analysis);
- Polygon layers: Enumeration areas (advanced vector analysis);
- Automated map production;
- Working with rasters (terrain data);
- Data management and storage:
- Spatial databases – Geopackage; and
SPC acknowledges the support of Australia’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade for ongoing financial support to regional census and survey activities; the numerous interns who tested and proofread the manual; and the QGIS development community for making such a good open-source package.
NOTE: All training material is available in the original project post below.