Mariana Islands (CNMI)
Capital: Saipan Land area: 457 km² Region: Micronesia
The Northern Mariana Islands, officially the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands (CNMI), is an insular area and commonwealth of the United States consisting of 14 islands in the northwestern Pacific Ocean. The CNMI and Guam are the westernmost point (in terms of jurisdiction) and territory of the United States.
News & Publications
- .statAbout PICTsThis table provides a series of non-statistical information about Pacific Islands Countries and Territories (PICTs).
- .statOverseas visitor arrivalsOverseas visitors include sea and air arrivals. It includes excursionists/same-day-visitors i.e. visitors from the cruise ship as well. [...]
- .statCOVID-19 cases in Pacific Island Countries and TerritoriesStatistics from SPC's Public Health Division (PHD) on the number of cases of COVID-19 and the number of deaths attributed to COVID-19 in Pacific Island [...]
- .statCoastal population (1, 5 and 10km from coast)Proportion of population living in 1, 5 and 10km buffer zones for Pacific Island Countries and Territories [...]
- .statCOVID-19 economic lead indicatorsQuarterly data associated with Pacific statistical/economic briefing of COVID-19 economic impact.
Country Key Reports
pdfMariana Islands 2018 Census of Agriculture Report Vol 1 Part 56
PDF | 1.17 MB
pdfMariana Islands 2007 Census of Agriculture Report_Vol 1_Part 56
PDF | 1.66 MB
pdfMariana Island 2000_Population & Housing Social, Economic, and Housing Characteristics
PDF | 12.49 MB
Household Income and Expenditure Surveys
pdfGuidelines for the harmonisation of census and survey microdata
PDF | 6.43 MB
pdf2016 Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Isalnds Household income and expenditure survey report
PDF | 7.98 MB | Anon.
pdfCNMI 2005 HIES Report
PDF | 1.69 MB
Civil Registration and Vital Statistics
pdfThe health sector in civil registration: options and methods to increase registration of live births, stillbirths and deaths: an addendum to the WHO/ UNICEF guidance health sector contributions towards improving the civil registration of births and deaths in low-income countries
PDF | 1 MB | Anon.
pdfCurriculum for coding of causes of death: for Pacific Island Countries and Territories
PDF | 4.07 MB
pdfCRVS Systems Improvement Framework
PDF | 1.95 MB
General listing of CNMI, datasets and publications.
Latest statistics and releases from the Statistics Department, including CPI releases, downloads Yearbooks, and more.
Providing information on the work the Government is doing for the people of Mariana Islands.
Documented Censuses and Surveys related to CNMI.
Requests for download of microdata for selected datasets is possible.
The Pacific Environment Portal provides an easy way to find, access and reuse regional and national data.