Capital: Alofi Land area: 259 km² Region: Polynesia
Niue is an island country in the South Pacific Ocean. The island is commonly referred to as "The Rock", which comes from the traditional name "Rock of Polynesia". Niue is one of the world's largest coral islands.
News & Publications
- .statAbout PICTsThis table provides a series of non-statistical information about Pacific Islands Countries and Territories (PICTs).
- .statOverseas visitor arrivalsOverseas visitors include sea and air arrivals. It includes excursionists/same-day-visitors i.e. visitors from the cruise ship as well. [...]
- .statCOVID-19 cases in Pacific Island Countries and TerritoriesStatistics from SPC's Public Health Division (PHD) on the number of cases of COVID-19 and the number of deaths attributed to COVID-19 in Pacific Island [...]
- .statCoastal population (1, 5 and 10km from coast)Proportion of population living in 1, 5 and 10km buffer zones for Pacific Island Countries and Territories [...]
- .statCOVID-19 economic lead indicatorsQuarterly data associated with Pacific statistical/economic briefing of COVID-19 economic impact.
Country Key Reports
pdfNiue Census of Population and Households 2011: book of tables
PDF | 556.22 KB
pdfAgricultural census of Niue 2009
PDF | 2 MB
pdfNiue population profile based on 2006 census of population and housing: a guide for planners and policy-makers
PDF | 3.36 MB
Household Income and Expenditure Surveys
pdfGuidelines for the harmonisation of census and survey microdata
PDF | 6.43 MB
pdfNiue 2015-2016 HIES full Report
PDF | 1.21 MB
pdfNiue 2002 HIES Report
PDF | 701.88 KB
Civil Registration and Vital Statistics
pdfThe health sector in civil registration: options and methods to increase registration of live births, stillbirths and deaths: an addendum to the WHO/ UNICEF guidance health sector contributions towards improving the civil registration of births and deaths in low-income countries
PDF | 1 MB | Anon.
pdfCivil registration and vital statistics in Niue
PDF | 1.49 MB
pdfCurriculum for coding of causes of death: for Pacific Island Countries and Territories
PDF | 4.07 MB
General listing of Niue, datasets and publications.
Latest statistics and releases from the Statistics Department, including CPI releases, downloads Yearbooks, and more.
Providing information on the work the Government is doing for the people of Niue.
Documented Censuses and Surveys related to Niue.
Requests for download of microdata for selected datasets is possible.
The Pacific Environment Portal provides an easy way to find, access and reuse regional and national data.
LinkStatistics Act 2009
Statistics Act available via Pacific Islands Legal Information Institute.