Papua New Guinea
Capital: Port Moresby Land area: 462,840 km² Region: Melanesia
Papua New Guinea is an Oceanian country that occupies the eastern half of the island of New Guinea and its offshore islands in Melanesia, a region of the southwestern Pacific Ocean north of Australia. Its capital, located along its southeastern coast, is Port Moresby.
News & Publications
- .statAbout PICTsThis table provides a series of non-statistical information about Pacific Islands Countries and Territories (PICTs).
- .statOverseas visitor arrivalsOverseas visitors include sea and air arrivals. It includes excursionists/same-day-visitors i.e. visitors from the cruise ship as well. [...]
- .statBalance of paymentsBalance of payments data from IMF’s Balance of Payment analytical presentation per country for Pacific Island Countries and Territories.
- .statCOVID-19 cases in Pacific Island Countries and TerritoriesStatistics from SPC's Public Health Division (PHD) on the number of cases of COVID-19 and the number of deaths attributed to COVID-19 in Pacific Island [...]
- .statCoastal population (1, 5 and 10km from coast)Proportion of population living in 1, 5 and 10km buffer zones for Pacific Island Countries and Territories [...]
Country Key Reports
pdfPapua New Guinea 2011 National Report - census 2011
PDF | 4.68 MB
pdfPapua New Guinea 2000 National Report - census
PDF | 21.32 MB | Disclaimer
pdfPapua New Guinea: table A1: total Population by Citizenship, Age and Sex, 2000
PDF | 145.59 KB
Household Income and Expenditure Surveys
pdfGuidelines for the harmonisation of census and survey microdata
PDF | 6.43 MB
pdfPNG 2009-2010 HIES Report Summary tables
PDF | 5.05 MB
Demographic and Health Surveys
pdfPapua New Guinea Demographic and Health Survey Report 2016-18
PDF | 5.55 MB
pdfPapua New Guinea Demographic and Health Survey 2006
PDF | 34.58 MB
pdfPapua New Guinea Demographic and Health Survey 1996
PDF | 2.28 MB
Civil Registration and Vital Statistics
pdfThe health sector in civil registration: options and methods to increase registration of live births, stillbirths and deaths: an addendum to the WHO/ UNICEF guidance health sector contributions towards improving the civil registration of births and deaths in low-income countries
PDF | 1 MB | Anon.
pdfCurriculum for coding of causes of death: for Pacific Island Countries and Territories
PDF | 4.07 MB
pdfCRVS Systems Improvement Framework
PDF | 1.95 MB
General listing of Papua New Guinea, datasets and publications.
Latest statistics and releases from the Statistics Department, including CPI releases, downloads Yearbooks, and more.
Providing information on the work the Government is doing for the people of Papua New Guinea.
Documented Censuses and Surveys related to Papua New Guinea.
Requests for download of microdata for selected datasets is possible.
The Pacific Environment Portal provides an easy way to find, access and reuse regional and national data.
The Social Protection Indicator for the Pacific: Assessing Progress.