Displaying 1 - 10 of 23 results
- The improvement of civil registration and vital statistics (CRVS) systems in the Pacific requires a diverse set of technical expertise that is not available in any one agency.July 16, 2023News & Reports
- This compendium pulls together civil registration and vital statistics (CRVS) country profiles for the Pacific Island region.July 6, 2023News & Reports
- The establishment of a Pacific Centre on the International Statistical Classification of Diseases (ICD) 11 Field Implementation Tool (FIT) platform was the highlight of a 2-week training on the International Statistical Classification of Disease that concluded last week in Nadi, Fiji.March 22, 2023News & Reports
- Medical certification of cause of death (MCCD) is a key source of mortality statistics. The death certificate is a permanent record of the fact and characteristics of death. It provides important personal information about the decedent, the circumstances and the cause of death.
March 9, 2023News & Reports
- The CRVS profiles consolidate knowledge shared by countries on the status of their CRVS systems in the recent past, including through government websites, published reports, media releases and presentations, and direct engagement between the authors of these profiles and in-country civil registration offices and health information offices.August 30, 2021News & Reports
- ESCAP just published a report titled "Getting every one in the picture - A snapshot of progress midway through the Asia and Pacific Civil Registration and Vital Statistics Decade". The report shows that the Asia-Pacific region is on the right path to reach goals of universal and responsive CRVS systems.June 28, 2021News & Reports
- The Curriculum on medical certification of cause of death for Pacific Island countries and territories report is now available.
A death certificate is a permanent record of the fact of and characteristics of death. It provides important personal information about the decedent, the circumstances and cause of death and serves as the main source of mortality statistics for a country.May 18, 2021News & Reports
- A well-functioning civil registration and vital statistics (CRVS) system is the cornerstone of good, sustainable governance and is key to social and economic development; The CRVS Systems Improvement Framework report is now available.May 10, 2021News & Reports
- Population registers are recognised for their dual role of providing critical information about the civil status of individuals within a population. In the Pacific, to the extent known bySPC, there is no evidence of a country that implements a functional population register.May 4, 2021News & Reports
- The report covers vital events (births and deaths) and causes of death for Tonga for the period 2013 to 2018.April 15, 2021News & Reports