Displaying 1 - 10 of 15 results
- As the world is facing an unprecedented crisis with the Coronavirus (COVID-19), the Pacific region has not been as affected as the rest of the world when it comes to infection rates, but the economic implication of the pandemic has been catastrophic across many of the 22 Pacific Island countries and territories.December 14, 2020News & Reports
- This poster provides updated population pyramids for all Pacific Island Countries and Territories, showing the age-sex profiles now and in the future. These distributions help countries to plan for service and infrastructure delivery.September 22, 2020News & Reports
- Our 2020 pocket statistical summary has arrived, providing a quick overview of statistics for the people and economies of the Pacific Community’s (SPC’s) member countries.September 15, 2020News & Reports
- Pacific Census Commissioners and Government Statisticians met at SPC's headquarters end of july for an important Pacific Community planning meeting concerning the 2020 World Round of Population and Housing Censuses.August 2, 2015News & Reports
- The Pacific Classification of Individual Consumption According to Purpose 2020 (PACCOICOP 2020) is a regional classification of goods and services purchased by individuals and households in the Pacific Island countries and territories.July 6, 2020News & Reports
- A week long workshop has recently been conducted (27th-31st August 2015) in Port Vila VANUATU with the technical support from the Secretariat of the South Pacific Community to drive the rollout of the Ministry of Education and Training’s OpenVEMIS initiative, supported by the Vanuatu Education Support Program (VESP). This initiative, designed to improve quality and timeliness of data collected from schools across VANAUTU to support effective evidence based decision making.August 31, 2015News & Reports
- The new look of the SDD website.
2020 round of censuses.
December 10, 2015News & Reports
- The Brisbane Accord Group in collaboration with the United Nations Statistics Division convened a Regional Meeting on Civil Registration and Vital Statistics for the Pacific Islands, from 22 to 25 February 2016.February 16, 2016News & Reports
- A two week work attachment was recently conducted (18th-29th April) by the Pacific EMIS Facility, Statistics for Development Division in Noumea, New Caledonia in collaboration with representatives from the Pacific UNESCO Institute for Statistics and SPC’s Educational Quality and Assessment Programme.May 8, 2016News & Reports
- The Pacific Community’s Statistics for Development Division has just released its updated mid-year 2016 population estimates, including national projections until 2050.July 28, 2016News & Reports