Displaying 1 - 10 of 16 results
- Medical certification of cause of death (MCCD) is a key source of mortality statistics. The death certificate is a permanent record of the fact and characteristics of death. It provides important personal information about the decedent, the circumstances and the cause of death.
March 9, 2023News & Reports
- SPC provides technical assistance to Pacific Island countries and territories in developing civil registration and vital statistics systems and data.October 28, 2021News & Reports
- The CRVS profiles consolidate knowledge shared by countries on the status of their CRVS systems in the recent past, including through government websites, published reports, media releases and presentations, and direct engagement between the authors of these profiles and in-country civil registration offices and health information offices.August 30, 2021News & Reports
- Coding causes of death to an international standard enables the comparability of mortality statistics over time and between countries.August 16, 2021News & Reports
- ESCAP just published a report titled "Getting every one in the picture - A snapshot of progress midway through the Asia and Pacific Civil Registration and Vital Statistics Decade". The report shows that the Asia-Pacific region is on the right path to reach goals of universal and responsive CRVS systems.June 28, 2021News & Reports
- The Curriculum on medical certification of cause of death for Pacific Island countries and territories report is now available.
A death certificate is a permanent record of the fact of and characteristics of death. It provides important personal information about the decedent, the circumstances and cause of death and serves as the main source of mortality statistics for a country.May 18, 2021News & Reports
- A well-functioning civil registration and vital statistics (CRVS) system is the cornerstone of good, sustainable governance and is key to social and economic development; The CRVS Systems Improvement Framework report is now available.May 10, 2021News & Reports
- Population registers are recognised for their dual role of providing critical information about the civil status of individuals within a population. In the Pacific, to the extent known bySPC, there is no evidence of a country that implements a functional population register.May 4, 2021News & Reports
- This paper draws on Vanuatu’s experiences to discuss the importance of civil registration and vital statistics (CRVS) systems and the challenges faced when these systems are implemented during disasters and emergencies. The paper also discusses key strategies to mitigate the impact of disasters on CRVS systems.April 8, 2021News & Reports
- The COVID-19 pandemic has impacted on the ability of governments to maintain services and routine functions, including the operation of national civil registration and vital statistics (CRVS) systems.March 22, 2021News & Reports