- Though less affected than some regions of the world, the Pacific has not been spared from COVID-19.March 11, 2021News & Reports
- The COVID-19 pandemic has impacted on the ability of governments to maintain services and routine functions, including the operation of national civil registration and vital statistics (CRVS) systems.March 22, 2021News & Reports
- Population registers are recognised for their dual role of providing critical information about the civil status of individuals within a population. In the Pacific, to the extent known bySPC, there is no evidence of a country that implements a functional population register.May 4, 2021News & Reports
- A well-functioning civil registration and vital statistics (CRVS) system is the cornerstone of good, sustainable governance and is key to social and economic development; The CRVS Systems Improvement Framework report is now available.May 10, 2021News & Reports
- The Curriculum on medical certification of cause of death for Pacific Island countries and territories report is now available.
A death certificate is a permanent record of the fact of and characteristics of death. It provides important personal information about the decedent, the circumstances and cause of death and serves as the main source of mortality statistics for a country.May 18, 2021News & Reports
'The report highlights the great achievements by countries to increase civil registration to ensure that all citizens are counted and can access education, health and social protection services.June 29, 2021June 29, 2021Event
- ESCAP just published a report titled "Getting every one in the picture - A snapshot of progress midway through the Asia and Pacific Civil Registration and Vital Statistics Decade". The report shows that the Asia-Pacific region is on the right path to reach goals of universal and responsive CRVS systems.June 28, 2021News & Reports
The CRVS community in Asia and the Pacific is now actively preparing for the celebration of the midpoint of the CRVS Decade (2015-2024), planned for 16 to 19 November 2021. In this effect, many of their partners and member countries are leading actions and publications to establish where the region stands and to fill the remaining gaps.November 16, 2021November 19, 2021Event
Objectives: strengthening the capacity of countries in the analysis of administrative data generated from civil regiJuly 12, 2021September 10, 2021Event
Brisbane Accord Group (BAG) and Civil RegistrationVital Statistics (CRVS) Auguste Meeting.
Please Visit our BAG page.
August 17, 2021August 17, 2021Event