Capital: No official capital - some use Nukunonu, the largest of its three atolls
Land area: 12 km² Region: Polynesia
Tokelau is a dependent territory of New Zealand in the southern Pacific Ocean. It consists of 3 tropical coral atolls (Atafu, Nukunonu and Fakaofo), with a combined land area of 10 km² (4 sq mi).
News & Publications
- .statAbout PICTsThis table provides a series of non-statistical information about Pacific Islands Countries and Territories (PICTs).
- .statOverseas visitor arrivalsOverseas visitors include sea and air arrivals. It includes excursionists/same-day-visitors i.e. visitors from the cruise ship as well. [...]
- .statCOVID-19 cases in Pacific Island Countries and TerritoriesStatistics from SPC's Public Health Division (PHD) on the number of cases of COVID-19 and the number of deaths attributed to COVID-19 in Pacific Island [...]
- .statCoastal population (1, 5 and 10km from coast)Proportion of population living in 1, 5 and 10km buffer zones for Pacific Island Countries and Territories [...]
- .statCOVID-19 economic lead indicatorsQuarterly data associated with Pacific statistical/economic briefing of COVID-19 economic impact.
Country Key Reports
pdfTokelau 2016 Census Profile
PDF | 2.35 MB
pdfTokelau 2011 Census Profile ata o tokalau
PDF | 12.46 MB
pdfTokelau 2011 Census Final Count
PDF | 324.26 KB
Household Income and Expenditure Surveys
pdfGuidelines for the harmonisation of census and survey microdata
PDF | 6.43 MB
pdfTokelau 2015 2016 HIES Report
PDF | 2.88 MB
Civil Registration and Vital Statistics
pdfThe health sector in civil registration: options and methods to increase registration of live births, stillbirths and deaths: an addendum to the WHO/ UNICEF guidance health sector contributions towards improving the civil registration of births and deaths in low-income countries
PDF | 1 MB | Anon.
pdfCurriculum for coding of causes of death: for Pacific Island Countries and Territories
PDF | 4.07 MB
pdfCRVS Systems Improvement Framework
PDF | 1.95 MB
General listing of Tokelau, datasets and publications.
Latest statistics and releases from the Statistics Department, including CPI releases, downloads Yearbooks, and more.
The Pacific Environment Portal provides an easy way to find, access and reuse regional and national data.
Documented Censuses and Surveys related to Tokelau.
Requests for download of microdata for selected datasets is possible.
Statistics Act available via Pacific Islands Legal Information Institute.