In the Pacific region, education data informs decision-making for a broad audience. This audience ranges from parents selecting schools for their children to attend, to central government resource allocations, and development partner investment prioritisation.
Education statistics are compiled from a range of sources including:
- Education Management Information Systems (EMIS)
- Population and Housing Censuses
- Household Income and expenditure Surveys
Education statistics include:
- School attendance
- Highest level of attainment
- Literacy levels
- Equity and access
- Financing and resourcing
- Demographic statistics, specifically tailored for use in the education sector
- Contextual statistics, such as those reporting on labour markets for assisting with the interpretation and understanding of education statistics
Education Statistics are regularly disseminated through Education Digests or Ministries of Education Annual Reports.
For additional information relating to education please go to our Educational Quality and Assessment Programme.
For a wide range of education data go to the Pacific Data Hub.
Percentage of trained teachers in primary education