Poster (PDF) with 2016 and 2050 estimates, derived from the latest available analyses of national censuses, vital registration data, health records and surveys.
Data provided include national population estimates and medium-term population projections up to 2050. These population estimates are calculated using information from population censuses and household surveys, civil registration and vital statistics.
Basic demographic statistics include national population numbers disaggregated by age and sex; age dependency and sex ratios; crude birth, death and migration rates; annual population growth rates, including rural and urban growth rates; and key demographic indicators such as fertility, mortality and migrations rates. Additional data, like more detailed vital statistics, can be found in the Pacific Data Hub Indicator Database (PDH.stat).
Access and download the population projection table on the Pacific Data Hub.
News & Publications
- .statCoastal population (1, 5 and 10km from coast)Proportion of population living in 1, 5 and 10km buffer zones for Pacific Island Countries and Territories [...]
- .statDegree of urbanizationProportion of population living in Urban and Rural areas for the Pacific Island and Territories. [...]
- .statPopulation densitiesPopulation densities for Pacific Island Countries and Territories based on mid-year population projections and available informaiton about land area.
- .statHousehold counts, population and average household sizeHousehold counts, population and average household size down to sub-national level 1 (when available) based on reported figures from census.
- .statPopulation living in low elevation coastal zones (0-10m and 0-20m above sea level)Proportion of population in Pacific Island Countries and Territories (PICTs) living in Low Elevation Coastal Zones (LECZ) of 0-10 and 0-20 meters above sea [...]
- .statPopulation projectionsPopulation projections for Pacific Island Countries and territories from 1950 to 2050, by sex and by 5-years age groups.
- .statPopulation structure by agePopulation structure by age contains a series of age-related indicators derived from population projections.
- .statPopulation structure by sexPopulation structure by sex contains a series of sex-related indicators derived from population projections.
- .statVital statisticsVital statistics accumulate data collected on live births, deaths, fetal deaths, marriages and divorces.
pdfThe Pacific food trade database: a method for cleaning international food trade data for regional analysis
PDF | 19.04 MB
pdfNational assessment of the Solomon Islands food system
PDF | 8.96 MB | Farmery A.K.
pdfSetting up offline maps in survey solutions server
PDF | 654.9 KB
pdfLevels and trends in imports of alcoholic drinks and interventions to control use in selected Pacific Island countries and territories
PDF | 1.16 MB
Find data related to "Population" in the Pacific Data Hub .Stat (BETA).
LinkNMDI Population Data
Additional data on population can be found on PDH.stat