Vanuatu (Republic of)
Capital: Port-Vila Land area: 12,281 km² Region: Melanesia
The Republic Vanuatu is a Pacific island country located in the South Pacific Ocean. The archipelago of volcanic origin, is 1,750 km (1,090 mi) east of northern Australia and 540 km (340 mi) northeast of New Caledonia.
News & Publications
- .statAbout PICTsThis table provides a series of non-statistical information about Pacific Islands Countries and Territories (PICTs).
- .statOverseas visitor arrivalsOverseas visitors include sea and air arrivals. It includes excursionists/same-day-visitors i.e. visitors from the cruise ship as well. [...]
- .statBalance of paymentsBalance of payments data from IMF’s Balance of Payment analytical presentation per country for Pacific Island Countries and Territories.
- .statCOVID-19 cases in Pacific Island Countries and TerritoriesStatistics from SPC's Public Health Division (PHD) on the number of cases of COVID-19 and the number of deaths attributed to COVID-19 in Pacific Island [...]
- .statCoastal population (1, 5 and 10km from coast)Proportion of population living in 1, 5 and 10km buffer zones for Pacific Island Countries and Territories [...]
Country Key Reports
pdfVanuatu 2020 National Population and Housing Census: basic Tables Report - Volume 1
PDF | 9.57 MB
pdfVanuatu 2020 National Population and Housing Census: Analytical Report - Volume 2
PDF | 5.75 MB
pdfVanuatu 2016 Post Pam Mini Census report: volume 1
PDF | 6.89 MB
Household Income and Expenditure Surveys
pdfFood security in Vanuatu: 2019-2020 NSDP baseline survey
PDF | 640.86 KB | Vanuatu.
pdfGuidelines for the harmonisation of census and survey microdata
PDF | 6.43 MB
pdfVanuatu 2010 HIES Report
PDF | 3.09 MB
Demographic and Health Surveys
pdfVanuatu Demographic and Health Survey (DHS) 2013
PDF | 5.93 MB
Civil Registration and Vital Statistics
pdfThe health sector in civil registration: options and methods to increase registration of live births, stillbirths and deaths: an addendum to the WHO/ UNICEF guidance health sector contributions towards improving the civil registration of births and deaths in low-income countries
PDF | 1 MB | Anon.
pdfCurriculum for coding of causes of death: for Pacific Island Countries and Territories
PDF | 4.07 MB
pdfCRVS Systems Improvement Framework
PDF | 1.95 MB
General listing of Vanuatu, datasets and publications.
Latest statistics and releases from the Statistics Department, including CPI releases, downloads Yearbooks, and more.
Providing information on the work the Government is doing for the people of Vanuatu.
Documented Censuses and Surveys related to Vanuatu.
Requests for download of microdata for selected datasets is possible.
The Pacific Environment Portal provides an easy way to find, access and reuse regional and national data.
The Social Protection Indicator for the Pacific: Assessing Progress.
Statistics Act available via Pacific Islands Legal Information Institute.