Capital: Apia Land area: 2,934 km² Region: Polynesia
Samoa is a country consisting of two main islands, Savai'i and Upolu, and four smaller islands. The entire island group was called "Navigator Islands" by European explorers before the 20th century because of the Samoans' seafaring skills.
News & Publications
- .statAbout PICTsThis table provides a series of non-statistical information about Pacific Islands Countries and Territories (PICTs).
- .statOverseas visitor arrivalsOverseas visitors include sea and air arrivals. It includes excursionists/same-day-visitors i.e. visitors from the cruise ship as well. [...]
- .statBalance of paymentsBalance of payments data from IMF’s Balance of Payment analytical presentation per country for Pacific Island Countries and Territories.
- .statCOVID-19 cases in Pacific Island Countries and TerritoriesStatistics from SPC's Public Health Division (PHD) on the number of cases of COVID-19 and the number of deaths attributed to COVID-19 in Pacific Island [...]
- .statCoastal population (1, 5 and 10km from coast)Proportion of population living in 1, 5 and 10km buffer zones for Pacific Island Countries and Territories [...]
Country Key Reports
pdf2016 Census brief no 1: revised version population snapshot and household highlights
PDF | 1.92 MB
pdfAgriculture census: tabulation report 2009
PDF | 2.6 MB | Samoa. , Samoa.
pdfAgriculture census: analytical report 2009
PDF | 2.31 MB | Samoa., Samoa.
Household Income and Expenditure Surveys
pdfFood security and food consumption in Samoa: based on the analysis of the 2018 household income expenditure survey
PDF | 7.4 MB
pdfSamoa 2013 2014 Household Income and Expenditure Survey (HIES) Questionnaires
PDF | 14.32 MB
pdfSamoa 2013 2014 Household Income and Expenditure Survey (HIES)
PDF | 1.52 MB
Demographic and Health Surveys
pdfSamoa Demographic and Health Survey (DHS) 2014
PDF | 4.16 MB
pdfSamoa Demographic and Health Survey (DHS) 2009
PDF | 2.22 MB
Civil Registration and Vital Statistics
pdfThe health sector in civil registration: options and methods to increase registration of live births, stillbirths and deaths: an addendum to the WHO/ UNICEF guidance health sector contributions towards improving the civil registration of births and deaths in low-income countries
PDF | 1 MB | Anon.
pdfCurriculum for coding of causes of death: for Pacific Island Countries and Territories
PDF | 4.07 MB
pdfCRVS Systems Improvement Framework
PDF | 1.95 MB
xlsSamoa IMTS Tables
General listing of Samoa, datasets and publications.
Samoa Bureau of Statistics to be the leader in providing relevant, quality statistics for the benefit of Samoa.
Providing information on the work the Government is doing for the people of Samoa.
Documented Censuses and Surveys related to Samoa.
Requests for download of microdata for selected datasets is possible.
The Pacific Environment Portal provides an easy way to find, access and reuse regional and national data.
The Social Protection Indicator for the Pacific: Assessing Progress.
LinkStatistics Act 2015
Statistics Act available via Pacific Islands Legal Information Institute.