Update from Tuesday, June 25, 2019
Along with this new website project, the Statistics for Development Division (SDD) has cleaned up all previous websites we were using to make this website a single entry point to all the information you may be looking for.
- SDD main website redesigned
SDD new website tries to answer all users needs by integrating all the information and data we previously shared accross multiple websites and systems, including:
- Statistics by topic: you can now have a better overview of the statistics we collect, organized by topic
- Statistics by country: access information about each of SPC member countries, including key. numbers and links to their own website for further information.
- News and Events: get up to date with what's happening at the Statistics for Development Division.
- Governance: learn how we work and how SDD is involved in the Pacific region.
- Data and Resources: find out more about a range of online data products and tools, various collection methodologies we are using, and access all training material we produce.
Our new website also includes a powerful search engine to help you find information, documents and reports available online.
Our old website will remain available online for the next few months if you need to access it.
Make sure to subscribe to our newsletter to keep yourself updated with SDD latest news and events.
- PRISM website discontinued
The PRISM project is now over, but all information the website used to hold is now included in our new website:
- National Statistics Office websites: browse the list of SPC country members and access their website from their own dedicatory page.
- Data and Resources: Find out more about systems and tools we use here at SDD.
- Reports: All reports are now available by topic and by country. You may also look at the census and survey calendar where reports are published as soon as they are available.
- Events and workshops
We previously had specific websites for events such as TYPSS, HOPS, and so on.
All information, plans and related documents are now gathered in one single place:
The SDD events page.
- Microdata library
Microdata are unit-level data that has been gathered by sample surveys, censuses, and administrative systems. They provide information about characteristics of individual people or entities such as households or even geographical areas such as villages or towns.
Microdata we collect is now held on a the Pacific Data Hub Microdata Library website.
- NMDI replacement
NMDI website, our statistics database, is unfortunately way out of date.
We have indeed been working on this new SDMX application ".Stat" provided by the SIS-CC community. SPC is now a member of this community, partaking in the strategy and collaborating in the open source project.
We are still adding data in this new system, and planning to have it released by the end of the year.
- SDD Innovations
Last but not least, learn and follow every project we are working on from our innovation blog, now included in our main website.