Capital: Noumea Land area: 18,576 km² Region: Melanesia
New Caledonia is a located in the southwest Pacific Ocean. The archipelago, part of the Melanesia sub region, includes the main island of Grande Terre, the Loyalty Islands, the Belep archipelago, the Isle of Pines, and a few remote islands. Locals refer to Grande Terre as Le Caillou ("the pebble").
News & Publications
- .statAbout PICTsThis table provides a series of non-statistical information about Pacific Islands Countries and Territories (PICTs).
- .statOverseas visitor arrivalsOverseas visitors include sea and air arrivals. It includes excursionists/same-day-visitors i.e. visitors from the cruise ship as well. [...]
- .statBalance of paymentsBalance of payments data from IMF’s Balance of Payment analytical presentation per country for Pacific Island Countries and Territories.
- .statCOVID-19 cases in Pacific Island Countries and TerritoriesStatistics from SPC's Public Health Division (PHD) on the number of cases of COVID-19 and the number of deaths attributed to COVID-19 in Pacific Island [...]
- .statCoastal population (1, 5 and 10km from coast)Proportion of population living in 1, 5 and 10km buffer zones for Pacific Island Countries and Territories [...]
Country Key Reports
pdfRecensement de la population 2009 - Nouvelle-Calédonie
PDF | 1.03 MB
pdfImages de la population de la Nouvelle-Calédonie : principaux résultats du recensement 1996
PDF | 1.6 MB
Household Income and Expenditure Surveys
pdfGuidelines for the harmonisation of census and survey microdata
PDF | 6.43 MB
pdfAtlas de la population de Nouvelle-Calédonie: basé sur le recensement de 2004
PDF | 36.37 MB
pdfNew Caledonia 2008 HIES summary
PDF | 520.13 KB
Civil Registration and Vital Statistics
pdfThe health sector in civil registration: options and methods to increase registration of live births, stillbirths and deaths: an addendum to the WHO/ UNICEF guidance health sector contributions towards improving the civil registration of births and deaths in low-income countries
PDF | 1 MB | Anon.
pdfCivil registration and vital statistics in New Caledonia
PDF | 1.5 MB
pdfCurriculum for coding of causes of death: for Pacific Island Countries and Territories
PDF | 4.07 MB
General listing of New Caledonia, datasets and publications.
Latest statistics and releases from the Statistics Department, including CPI releases, downloads Yearbooks, and more.
The Pacific Environment Portal provides an easy way to find, access and reuse regional and national data.
Documented Censuses and Surveys related to New Caledonia.
Requests for download of microdata for selected datasets is possible.