Capital: Funafuti Land area: 26 km² Region: Polynesia
Tuvalu is a Polynesian island country located in the Pacific Ocean. It comprises 3 reef islands and 6 true atolls spread out between the latitude of 5° to 10° south and longitude of 176° to 180°, west of the International Date Line.
News & Publications
- .statAbout PICTsThis table provides a series of non-statistical information about Pacific Islands Countries and Territories (PICTs).
- .statOverseas visitor arrivalsOverseas visitors include sea and air arrivals. It includes excursionists/same-day-visitors i.e. visitors from the cruise ship as well. [...]
- .statBalance of paymentsBalance of payments data from IMF’s Balance of Payment analytical presentation per country for Pacific Island Countries and Territories.
- .statCOVID-19 cases in Pacific Island Countries and TerritoriesStatistics from SPC's Public Health Division (PHD) on the number of cases of COVID-19 and the number of deaths attributed to COVID-19 in Pacific Island [...]
- .statCoastal population (1, 5 and 10km from coast)Proportion of population living in 1, 5 and 10km buffer zones for Pacific Island Countries and Territories [...]
Country Key Reports
pdfTuvalu population & housing mini-census 2017 report
PDF | 2.84 MB | Tuvalu
pdfTuvalu 2017_Mini Census Preliminary Report 1
PDF | 991.29 KB
pdfTuvalu 2002 Census Vol 2 Demographic Profile Report
PDF | 2.29 MB
Household Income and Expenditure Surveys
pdfGuidelines for the harmonisation of census and survey microdata
PDF | 6.43 MB
pdfTuvalu household income and expenditure survey (HIES), Report 2015-2016
PDF | 2.97 MB
pdfTuvalu: household income and expenditure survey (HIES), Report 2010
PDF | 1.28 MB
Demographic and Health Surveys
pdfTuvalu Demographic and Health Survey (DHS) Report 2007
PDF | 3.04 MB
Civil Registration and Vital Statistics
pdfThe health sector in civil registration: options and methods to increase registration of live births, stillbirths and deaths: an addendum to the WHO/ UNICEF guidance health sector contributions towards improving the civil registration of births and deaths in low-income countries
PDF | 1 MB | Anon.
pdfCurriculum for coding of causes of death: for Pacific Island Countries and Territories
PDF | 4.07 MB
pdfCRVS Systems Improvement Framework
PDF | 1.95 MB
General listing of Tuvalu, datasets and publications.
Latest statistics and releases from the Statistics Department, including CPI releases, downloads Yearbooks, and more.
Providing information on the work the Government is doing for the people of Tuvalu.
Documented Censuses and Surveys related to Tuvalu.
Requests for download of microdata for selected datasets is possible.
The Pacific Environment Portal provides an easy way to find, access and reuse regional and national data.
Statistics Act available via Pacific Islands Legal Information Institute.